So, I have been into baking things lately. Cookies, cake, muffins, cupcakes- whatever. I love to bake. I love when something that I bake turns out to be really good and I can share it with people making them happy. This recipe is not one that I’ve made BUT one of my co-workers made it recently and was so generous to share it with me.
Honestly, when I heard about, my expectations were not too high. Hey, I’m just bein’ honest. If she ends up reading this she probably knows that I like keepin’ it real. I was mostly curious to see what they were all about. I have never tried protein powder before as I don’t work out consistently like I need to.
I was thinking it was going to be chalky tasting but it was not at all. It was super yummy. If you like cake batter, you will love these. Give them a try and let me know how they turned out for you. Thank you, Julie, for sharing the recipe and picture! I will be glad to sample any other protein bar recipes she decides to try 😉
Here’s the recipe.
Cake Batter Protein Bars
1 cup rice crispies
1/4 cup oat flour
1/4 cup Pure Protein Vanilla Creme protein powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons all-natural, creamy peanut butter
5 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
handful of white chocolate chips
1. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the rice crispies, oat flour, protein powder, and salt.
2. In a separate larger bowl, mix together the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Toss in the white chocolate chips as you mix everything together well, until evenly coated.
4. Line a medium-sized baking dish or Tupperware with waxed parchment paper and pour the batter into the dish. Fold the sides of the paper over the batter and use a flat-surfaced heavy object to press the batter down until it is flat and fills the entire bottom of the dish.
5. Freeze for about 20 minutes.
Update: Here is a link to the post my friend got the recipe from.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy for more information.